Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Rosacea - The Struggle is Real

When I was 25 years old, I started having horrible problems with my skin.  I'd always had sensitive skin, but this was a whole new ballgame.   Little crusty bumps that weren't pimples dotted my cheeks close to my nose.  My face turned scarlet red when I ate spicy food or drank alcohol.  Everything aggravated it.  Makeup didn't hide it, and usually made it worse.  I felt hideous.   


I finally went to a dermatologist.  He diagnosed me with Rosacea and prescribed me the metro cream, gave me the pamphlet and that was that.  The medicine helped a little, but it never went away.   I hated my skin.  I struggled for years.  Some times were worse than others.  There were days that my skin cracked open and bled.   Some makeup and moisturizers made it worse.  I could put makeup on my face and feel it turning bright red. Within minutes, I would feel like my skin was on fire and peeling off my face.  The medicine was expensive.   I couldn't afford good makeup.  The cheap drugstore makeup had to do.  I was miserable.

I didn't understand how this could be my face.  The pamphlet said it was most common in "middle-aged" women with fair skin.  I was only 25!!! As I got older, I learned to live with it.  I was constantly searching for something to make it go away.  I bought face cleansers, moisturizers, serums, and continued to use the expensive prescription cream. I spent thousands of dollars over the years, trying to find skin care and makeup that I could use and would hide this awful condition.  I wish now that I had taken pictures without makeup so I could show how bad it looked, but I was so self conscious, I never would let that happen.   I even hated pictures with makeup!  The pictures shown here were on GOOD days with medicine and makeup!!! 


Then the 40's arrived.  The kids moved out and bills decreased.   I found a cream at Sephora that said it would help.  A few weeks and $185 later, I still had some symptoms, but it wasn't quite as bad.   I paid a fortune for a cleanser that said it was gentle and would help also.   Still, the redness showed.  I jumped from product to product, all promising to make things better.  All of them failing miserably.  

No makeup, No medicine! :) 
Then, I became a Younique presenter.  I decided to give the skin care line a try. I mean with a 14 day Love it Guarantee, I had nothing to lose.  If I had a reaction, I could send it back.  At this point, I wasn't holding any high hopes.  I mean if the $185 stuff didn't work, how could a $39 one work? I was skeptical, but willing to try anything. I got the gentle cleanser and Divine moisturizer.  After a few weeks, my skin began to feel and look different.  The Royalty line came out last year, and I added the Charcoal Bamboo Detoxifying Mask twice a week.   Between the skin care and the makeup free of harmful chemicals, the difference in my skin is amazing!!!  Absolutely Amazing!!!   








I'm so very happy to say that I no longer have to use prescription creams.  I no longer spend hundreds upon thousands of dollars trying to find a product to clear my skin up.  I can go out without makeup!  I can wear makeup confidently without it caking into sores on my face.  My face is 100% better!!!  I'm thrilled by the results!  I never dreamed I would have a face this clear.  I am forever grateful to have found Younique!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment