Saturday, January 14, 2017

Changing my life!

Who knew that $99 and some makeup could change my life?

How did this happen?  A friend invited me to an online lash party.  I bought some of this "magic" mascara and I fell in love with it and wanted to try the other stuff.  I mean, I'm a makeup addict.  I had a Sephora addiction way beyond normal!   So, I went back on to order more and saw this little button that said "JOIN."   Hmmmmm what's the catch?  So, I started reading.  20% discount sounded good.  THEN, I found out, that I could host my own parties, and when they qualified, I got more FREE makeup!!! Hell yeah! Free is always good.  I couldn't believe it.  I read on and found out I only had to sell $125 every 3 months to stay active.   I love makeup so much I could keep myself in business.  Seriously, I just bought the kit so I could get the discount.  I mean, who wouldn't buy a kit with almost $300 of makeup in it for $99 and the promise of 20% off all future purchases?  So, I got my kit, my free website, and then.......I get a message from the lady I signed up under (the presenter from the party that I never had even talked to).  

She wanted to add me to the team chats and groups on Facebook.  Oh sure, ok.  Sounds fun.  I love making new friends.  I get in there and see all these crazy lash ladies posting pictures of themselves with only half their face made up.  HELL NO! This girl did not sign up for that.  I only wanted the discount.  NO ONE sees this girl without makeup.   You see, when I went into this, I had NO self confidence whatsoever.  You're talking about a girl who hardly let her family see her without makeup.  A girl that had been bullied for years and made fun of and felt vulnerable and ugly without her "face" on.   Nope, not happening, not gonna do it.  

Then, my kit arrived.  I was so excited.  I started wearing the makeup and loved everything.  I wanted it all!  But, to afford it all, I had to start selling.  So, with the whole team cheering me on, I posted my first pictures.  Full makeup first.  Next, how about one eye with the new mascara and one eye with the old?  I saw my first party get a good start.  Within the 10 days, I had earned some free makeup!  Yay me!!!  Then, with the encouragement of the girls on the team, I got a little braver.  After a while, I got the confidence to post a before and after photo.  I got the nerve to do a video with no makeup on and tell my story.  I cried in it.  But, that's okay, I was myself.  My teammates became my biggest encouragers and friends.  I have never met most of them in person, but they are always there for me.  Before I knew it, I was posting live videos and sharing with other women with a confidence I have never had.  I learned to love myself just the way I am!  

I was also loving my customers responses.  I realized so many women felt the same way I did.  I love making women feel as beautiful as I know they already are.   We are all beautiful without makeup; however, makeup can give us confidence we didn't have and enhance our natural beauty.   When we feel good about ourselves, we feel empowered.  When we uplift others, we are validated! 

I decided to go to convention and met so many beautiful ladies and learned so much.  I am on a journey.  I have dreams.  I'm surrounded by women that are positive and encouraging.  My life is changing every day for the better.  

So, can $99 change a life?  The answer is absolutely!

www.lashesandlids.com



No comments:

Post a Comment